Thursday, February 19, 2009

PNEUMONIA

(RIGHT BEFORE BED)
That's right our poor little girl has pneumonia. Scary I know! Here's what happened... Well the past couple months i had been noticing that Kenadee's hands, feet and lip would turn blue just randomly throughout the day. The first couple times that it happened i thought it was just because its cold outside... but after it kept happening i thought it was because she wasn't getting enough oxygen... so i would give her an asthma treatment... but that didn't help either. Finally i was talking to my mom yesterday and told her that Ken's extremities were blue and she told me that i needed to take her to the Doctor to get her O2 saturation checked! I didn't want to go to the Doctor because i was there just the day before Ken had been getting pretty bad fevers the past few days so the tested her for Strep and it was positive. But i listen and took her in. I saw a new doctor that day because Ken usual doc could get her in. I told him what had been happening and he checked her sat. and they were great so the blueness was not because of the asthma. I totally felt like a crazy mom that thinks that everything is wrong with her child. But he could tell my concern and told me about that when things turn blue it more than like has something to do the the heart, so he decided to do a chest X-ray to check out the heart and then we would go from there. Well he came back a few minutes later to tell me that he was glad that we did the Xray because she had a Pretty serious case of Pneumonia... he said that she has probably had it for awhile... I was astonished because besides being crabbier than normal and and a runny nose (which i thought was just because of getting teeth) she didn't show any symptoms.... they gave her an antibiotic shot and she was already on another antibiotic because of the strep and i also have to give her pulmocort treatments with a nebulizer 4 times a day. We go back to the doctor in one week to get another Xray and see if she is improving. So the Paxton family is going into hibernation for the next little while so our sweet little Kenadee can get back to normal!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tiff-
Yikes! All that illness doesn't sound fun. I wonder if asthma makes kids more prone to pneumonia because I had it quite a few times as a kid. We're wishing Kenadee a speedy recovery

Heidi said...

I always knew you would make a really smart Mom -- Way to follow your instincts!! Hope she is feeling better real soon.

Unknown said...

I just saw your blog link from Jessica's blog, I had no idea you had a blog! Also I just saw the baby ticker...I didn't know you are pregnant! Congrats! I never thought that I'd say this when I was pregnant...but I miss being pregnant.
Sorry to hear about Kenadee's sickness, hopefully she's better by now. I hate it when Miley gets sick, I feel so bad for her.
Hope everything is going good over there!